Saturday, March 31, 2007

A weekend in Mangalore

Oh my God.....Federer loses to Canas again!! Losing once was bad enough, for it was me who had to endure what the Indian cricket team in currently going through!! No no, don't mistake me...I will still stand by him, even if he were to win not one more Grand Slam in his entire career. Luckily, Justine Henin progresses to the final, awaiting her old foe, Serena Williams.

Though I can't seem to imagine waking up before 7 am these days, today - a Sunday(!!), I woke up at 6:40 am (!!) and almost mechanically, walked up to the TV, gave the remote a few whacks (weak batteries) and switched it on...hoping to relish an exquisite battle. For those who've seen the 2003 Roland Garros semifinal, take my word - this was a must watch, and I was expecting to be able to enjoy it on TV.

Unfortunately, there was no tennis, and I went back to bed...later came to know that after a dismal first set, Serena bounced back and took away the championship!! The news almost spoiled my day, but Serena's a true champion, and I admire her too...

Yesterday was good. I went in Pursuit of Happyness (sorry for that, hehe)...and I must confess, the movie really moved me. And inspired me too...

And then went straight to a music showroom and bought a Guitar!! Currently in search of a tutor who can teach me how to play...

Current music: Vellaipookkal (Kannathil Muthamittal - sung by A R Rahman)

1 comment:

Horatio said...

current track would have been better.
our team will be back. optimism is all that we got.
As for Fed we dont need optimism.

few whacks would not have hurt, have they ?